Garage Gus Tells Kids to Be Safe
Hey, kids! As the weather gets warmer, you'll be out on your bikes, rollerblades, skateboards or just hanging out. We want you to be safe, so here are a few things to remember when you're around garbage trucks:
- NEVER pass a garbage truck on your bike, blades or board while it is moving.
- NEVER climb on or even touch a garbage truck.
- NEVER stand behind a garbage truck.
- ALWAYS listen for the beeper - it means the truck is going to back up.
- ALWAYS make sure the driver sees you when you are walking or riding past the truck.
- ALWAYS stay far away from the driver and the back of the truck when the driver is picking up garbage.
Garbage trucks are cool, but best watched from a distance - like T-Rex! Garbage trucks are big and heavy and hard to stop - like a herd of elephants!