|Benicia Street Sweeping 2011|
Routes, Schedules for Street Sweeping
Allied Waste Services provides street sweeping as well as recycling, yard waste and garbage collection services for the City of Benicia.
The street sweeping schedules and routes for your neighborhood in Benicia are covered by the color-coded map below. To see what day your street will be swept, please check the map and legend.
We sweep three classes of streets in the city's residential and commercial areas:
- Major streets.
- Industrial park streets.
- Residential area streets.
For the city's residential neighborhoods and industrial areas, street sweeping service is provided by sections once a month. Major commercial routes that are heavily traveled are swept weekly on Thursday evenings. Major downtown streets are swept Mondays and Fridays.
Street sweeping helps keep contaminants from flowing into storm drains and polluting streams, the Carquinez Strait and bay waters.
Sweeping also helps to keep debris from clogging storm drains, which can cause flooding during heavy rains.
Your cooperation will help us keep your streets as clean as possible. Please:
- Park your car off the street on your scheduled sweeping day.
- Keep landscape plants pruned back far enough to allow sweepers to reach the curb.
- Keep tree branches pruned to a height of 14 feet above street level to allow the sweeper to pass under them.
- Recycle leaves from your yard in your green waste cart. Do not leave any leaves in the streets. Large piles will hamper the sweeper, and during a rainstorm, the leaves may clog drains and cause flooding in your neighborhood.
For more information about street sweeping in your area, call (707) 747-0608.